Visual components in a nutshell
At Visual Components, we build world-class 3D simulation software for manufacturers. Our solution can be used for designing the factories of the future already today. By using our software, the user can design production lines, simulate and analyze the production flow, perform virtual commissioning projects, and much more.
Today our solution is trusted by more than 2400 organizations in the manufacturing industry worldwide, starting from small local manufacturers and to huge automotive corporations. We see our product as a 3D game for industrial use: visual, user-friendly, and robust.
Visual Components is an international company. We are headquartered in Espoo, Finland, but we have offices in Tampere Finland, the US, and Germany, along with a global partner network of partners and resellers. The Visual Components team is truly multinational - we have people from over 22 countries, and we speak at least 12 languages!
The role and the team
We're thrilled to invite you to work on your MSc thesis with our Simulation Experts department, and we can't wait to welcome you to our team! This isn't your typical student work; it's a chance to dive into exciting projects and truly make a difference. You won't be just doing your thesis with us; you'll be a valued member of our team, working alongside us and learning from the best. We're genuinely excited to help you grow, learn, and have an incredible experience with us. Come be a part of our warm and inclusive work culture, and let's embark on this journey together!
Our Application Engineers (also known as Simulation Experts) ensure that our customers, which include machine builders, system integrators, and manufacturers, can use the Visual Components products and services successfully. The team also contributes to our Research and Development making sure that our solutions stay innovative and ahead of the curve.
You will succeed in a role if
You are a master’s degree student at the final stage of the studies and your major is in any of the following fields:
We appreciate the following skills and experience:
- automation engineering
- production engineering
- mechanical engineering
- industrial engineering
- electrical engineering
- computer science
- or similar
What we see as a strong advantage:
- Experience or deep interest in Visual Component products
- Experience in programming gained from previous work, studies, or hobbies. We use Python and C#, but we value other programming languages as well
- Experience in 3D modeling, and/or 3D simulation tools. For example, CAD, Maya, 3D Studio
- Solid communication skills
- Proven experience in participating in student projects: e.g., links to the projects, presentations, descriptions of the projects that you worked on, etc.
- High GPA
- Minor in Computer Science
What's in it for you
- Possibility to get hands-on experience in your field and contribute to real projects
- Opportunity to develop and expand your skills while working with cutting-edge technologies
- Great team of experienced colleagues that welcomes your unique background, ideas, and skills
- Designated mentors to support your learning
- Low hierarchy and flexible and relaxed organizational culture
- Career coaching that will help you to navigate the job market in the future
- Competitive salary
At Visual Components, our most valuable assets are our employees. We treat everyone with honesty and transparency, help each other, and do our work with passion. We also enjoy spending time together even after work. Pool tournaments, game nights, after works and sports activities are part of our life as a team
How to apply
Please apply via the form on our career page. We value your privacy, thus we do not consider applications sent to us via email or other private channels to comply with GDPR.
The following documents will help us to choose the best candidates:
The deadline for the application is 31.12.2023
- Motivation letter describing your professional interests and motivation to join us
- Transcript of record
- Links to your portfolio and projects
If you have any questions about the role and recruitment process, please, contact our Talent Acquisition Specialist Elena Bazhenova via email firstname.lastname@example.org
With over 20 years in business, Visual Components is one of the pioneers of the 3D manufacturing simulation industry.
Visual Components is a leading developer of 3D manufacturing simulation software and solutions. Founded in 1999 by a team of simulation experts, we started with a humble goal – to make manufacturing design and simulation technology easy to use and accessible to manufacturing organizations of all sizes.
Today, Visual Components is recognized as a global leader in the manufacturing simulation industry and trusted technology partner to many leading brands. We offer machine builders, system integrators, and manufacturers a simple, quick, and cost-effective solution to design and simulate production lines.